Translate

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

At last: ON the road to becoming a "marketist"

Yesterday a new nationality was added to my 'mistaken nationalities list'.

4 years of people asking: Are you Argentinian? French? Colombian?.. Even Dutch (Are you kidding me? I wonder where my extra 40 centimeters of height went then!).
Funniest thing, when you say: "I come from Guatemala"; some people may respond: "In what part of Africa is this?" Then you're able to add a whole new continent to your list.

So, the new nationality: JAPANESE

I was officially 'nationalized' as a Japanese by an Indian tuk-tuk driver! How fun is that. 

Ok. This is a very short post, meant to inform you that:17post - 1

Our trip to the jungle (“Road to becoming a 'marketist'”) has been postponed several times; for various reasons. But at last, after "meditating, rather than waiting", today is the day we finally GO.

We leave during the evening, arrive in the morning. A 10 hour drive trip awaits ( ..I must confess: This has been an intense month. Teletransportation.. PLEASE!).

It is time to leave the hotel that, from now on, will forever 'live in my memory' and be considered as my first 'home' here in India.

It was far from being a '1/2/3/4/5/6/7 star accommodation' [in fact I had to exterminate a couple of my 'roommates' (..cockroaches) during my stay. Oh, how beautiful is that! (regularly I would refrain myself from 'eliminating' insects, but this ones I just cannot stand!), but people were very nice. Despite all, I was a spoiled guest.

Spicy breakfasts = Game over (and I give a big thanks to my Guatemalan stomach for ‘bravely’ surviving 2 weeks of what, seems to be, not so ‘hygienic’ food)

It is time to move. Next stop: The jungle!

No comments:

Post a Comment