Translate

Friday, October 26, 2012

BAD HAIR everyDAY

People’s reactions towards 'your writer’s' hair style:

Fontys exchange student:
“You have a ‘lion’s’ hair.”

Other Fontys students:
“Maria’s crazy hair style.”

The Netherlands roommate and random guy in Guatemala’s airport:
“Your hair looks like Skrillex’s hair!”

A grandmother in Sadavali village, India:
“I DO NOT understand your hair. You should put it like this…”
(...Then she literally grabs it!)

My grandmother (…after not seeing me for 1 year!):
“What happened? Did you get electrocuted on the way!?”

Internship organization’s director (4 hours ago):
“I AM WORRIED ABOUT YOUR HAIR!”

Ok, dear people: I already understood that my hair is universally disliked by many... Even to the point of making people worried!
Haha!

[You should have heard the comments 3 years ago, when ‘your writer’ used to have the bull-type piercing right in the middle of the nose!]

I have news about this “BAD HAIR everyDAY” situation though. I have found one living creature in this planet who really likes my hair. And yes. We have fallen in love. SO ROMANTIC!

This living creature is a ‘SHE’.    
[And I bet now some will have an issue with this too! C’mon, you simply ask for too much. Just: "Let it be" ;)]

But the story doesn’t end there. No. It gets more interesting… Because SHE is a four-legged “hairball” herself, who likes to attempt to eat ‘your writer’s’ hair every time they are near each other.

Yes. SHE will follow ‘your writer’s hair’ up the stairs, all the way to the office, sit outside the door and wait. Then ‘your writer’ has to carry her down the stairs [occasionally SHE has even peed in your writer’s shoes on the way down (I am guessing that SHE is marking her territory. You know … …SHE is kind of a jealous one!), so I keep her ‘odor’ for the rest of the day]. Then SHE will wait down the stairs for ‘your writer’s hair’ to come back!

[I guess SHE took the “Follow mE” name of the blog too literal…]    
   
Whatever. It is a beautiful love story, which has forced me to add ‘buying dog food’, ‘putting rabies vaccines’ and ‘getting information about exporting pets’, to my “to do list”; which can become a bit of a problem…

SHE figured out my weak spot… and love is blind so: What else can you do when they stare at you like this? 


Ok, everyone. This is a short post (probably not making sense at all), but I just thought I should write before the week ended; because I haven’t written anything for the past few weeks.
Got a bit sick. But,
I am here; still alive and kicking. 



So dear reader:
I send you greetings from the mysterious subcontinent of India. 

By the way, I do have a surprise for you soon! But I will keep this for a couple posts from now… Building suspense.

Hasta la próxima.

Your writer,
Maria

P.S: For all of those who have never seen my hair. It 100% does not look like Skrillex’s.
…C’MON people! :D 
"Maria's hair is stunningly astonishing, and 'majesticly' breathtaking/awesomely great" (...someone has to counterbalance the negative comments) ;) 



1 comment:

  1. I love your hair lady! Dont dare to change them!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete